Friday, June 22, 2012

Queen Of Miserable, Page 31

Suddenly I was ready to party. Wilma came out to meet me dress as Mrs potato head. "What a great costume for a Halloween party" I said pointing to the Mrs potato head costume. "I am glad you like it" Wilma said. "Lets head into the party she said.

She introduced me to some of her rich friends. Joe Freak was dressed as a Lawyer but, by day he was a car salesman who owned 20 dealerships up and down the coast. Joe was such a nice man. He even tried to get me a deal on a new car. He said if I bought now he would throw in a stereo upgrade. "I said I was not interested in buying a new car at a party or in fact buying a new car at all but, if I were I surely by from one of he care dealerships.

Next she introduced me to Nancy Toms who was dressed as a door to door sales women complete with brief case filled with expensive candies she was trying to see. By day Nancy was a life guard at the local beach. She had inherited her wealth from her fathers family who were oil tycoons. We started talking and she said she had just left her husband of 5 days because the could no longer get along and she wanted a divorce for irreconcilable differences and she was looking for a place to live. Even thought she was rich she was cheap so I offered to let her live in my apartment as I wanted a roommate. I was lonely and thought the company would be annoying and make me miserable. She accepted.

Wilma came over and hit me in the shoulder. Why did you hit me I said. Want to sing some karaoke. I don't want to sing Wilma. Fine then I will sing. It turn out that will was big into karaoke.

The song she sang was - Don't hate me because I adore you. Unfortunately she thought the lyrics were - Don't date me because I adore you. Wilma sang don't date me because I adore to the tune of monster mash and everyone one laughed at her because she got the lyric wrong. I could not help myself and ended up laughing covering my mouth. I did not want to rude to my new friend.

The final song she sang was called. If I am a computer you are a computer. The lyric made no sense but, I liked the song because it was set to disco. She bowed when she was done because of all the applause. I could not believe how bold she was taking a chance of making a fool of herself in front of all her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment