Sunday, June 17, 2012

Queen Of Miserable, Page 26

Ted had a very interesting past. He was a janitor at a computer company and taking night classes in computer programing so that he could start his own computer software company. After starting the company he decided that he would take 3 months off each year and travel around the Midwest on a moped.

"All that time in an office sitting behind a computer made me realise that yes, programming was ok, but I wanted to get outside more and that is when I came up with the idea of taking 3 months of each year and traveling" Ted said. Ted obviously was not the type of person I would want to hang around he was bubbling over with happiness. Nothing I said could make him miserable or make him stoop smiling so I could not wait for the town to appear and say goodbye to Ted. And luckily soon enough the town appeared and I said goodbye to Ted.

Now I had to decide who to call. I thought I should call my insurance company so I could get a tow truck to fix my flat tire and be on the road back to my house. So that is what I decided to do. I thought better of the idea to call tank as that would not do me any good.

The tow truck arrived and I got into so that I could get a ride to my car. I struck a conversation with the Tow Truck diver and we became almost instant friends. It turns out Wilma lived in a mansion and needed a roommate because she was lonely. So I said that I needed a room to rent as I was leaving my husband and I did not know where I was going to go but, know I know where I want to go.

Wilma gave me directions to her house and after she had fixed my flat I drove there to move in right away. I did not want to spend one more night in a house with a man who tried to run me over with my car/ his car. I decided to let Tank have all my things as I had enough money to buy anything that I want but, I did not want much. Let Tank deal with all the stuff that I did not want anymore. Let it be his problem. I hoped it would make him more miserable than he already was. I just want away from that man.

When I got to Wilma's house I say a big pool and my apartment was a building out back and it was the size of a small house and much bigger than I thought. I was it was sad to admit almost feeling happy at my lucky meeting with Wilma. I stepped out of my can and into a new life away from Tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment