Saturday, June 23, 2012

Queen Of Miserable, Page 32

Wilma waved me onto the stage. She looked so silly dressed as Mrs. Potato head. I demurred because I am embarrassed about my signing voice. I gave in and stepped up to the microphone. I was dressed as a witch and not as myself and besides my singing voice would make everyone miserable which was a plus as far as I am concerned.

Wilma said did I know the lyrics to My house is on the road. I said I did and off we went singing one of the best songs of the 20th century. My singing voice is more of a high pitched scream than a voice that sounds like a singers. After we were done the crowd being so nice applauded are duet. Not one of the greatest duets in the history of song but, I would say one of the best duets in the history of karaoke if I do say so my self and I am saying so. I was having so much fun annoying the guests that I asked Wilma if she wanted to sing another song and she said why not. We sang a good rendition of That car Is Worth a Lot of Money. Another one of the greatest songs of the 20th century. We were singing all the hits here today.

After singing the 2 songs I started to get hungry as it was getting towards lunch time. I usually skipped lunch and ate a big dinner but, to day with all the excitement of the party I decided to eat lunch. After a lunch of a ham sandwich and some candy corn I was pumped up for the rest of the day. I talked to some people and listened to some of the karaoke and had a ball. Ok, so it was not the most exciting party of my life but, what else was I going to do on this day other than watch horror movies.

I have found a new way to make myself feel miserable. Going to parties is the most miserable thing in the world for me. I have found a new secret that I can reveal in my miserability lectures. Although its nice to be around people as sitting alone watching movies all day makes me miserable also but, I like parties better because at least I can be miserable and have company and not be alone and miserable. Because being alone and miserable is truly miserable and even I don't like being that miserable.

Now it was approaching dinner time and the catering was bring out steak, roast beef, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pie since this was a Halloween party. This was going to be a feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment